John 1 (cont.)

Forwarded message:
> From fcc.insightd.com!ns!uvaarpa.virginia.edu!virginia.edu!owner-b-greek Wed Jul 13 18:06:33 1994
> Subject: John 1
> To: b-greek@virginia.edu
> Date: Wed, 13 Jul 94 17:53:41 MST
> From: R Wade Balzer <wbalzer@insightd.com>
> Why question the meaning of this?  Is there some hidden "truth" that
> would challange the widely accepted translation/interpetation of
> John 1:1.  If God could Divinely inspire the Greek writers to write the
> passage,  would He not also see that it was not grossly mis-interpeted
> by the vast-majority of texts?  <sarcassicly>  But, of course, YOU
> (noone in paticular) could be the "chosen-one" to enlighten the world on
> a "hidden truth" that would change vastly popular interpetataion.  I'm
> afraid that it this were the case, that person would have just stepped
> into of dangerous territory of darkening the Gospel and perverting the
> Truth.  For instance, I knew a man who took the saying of Jesus on the
> cross, "Eloi Eloi, lama sabachthani"  to mean, "My God, My Divine
> Strength, You have remained with me and have given water to flow as a
> river because of my sufferings." (something to that effect)  --- He
> could not believe what the Greek said, nor English translation because
> he could not see God forsaking His Son, not even for a moment.  But,
> Jesus had to be forsaken so that even a false-prophet could be saved.
> He changed the meaning and perverted the truth that would even save him
> from the judgement of being utterly forsaken.  Please, consider that
> changing interpetation to fit a minority view, should be heavily weighed
> against what God intended.  My friend, you will not know God unless you
> spend time with Him.  And unless you spend time with HIM, you could very
> well mis-interpet His Words and be using your words, or even worse,
> words perveted by the father of lies.
> --
> Wade Balzer
> Insight Direct, Inc.
> Voice: (800) 805-3042, Fax: (602) 902-1180
> email: wbalzer@insightd.com

I went to bible study Wednesday evening and the scripture that landed on
me when it came time to read was 2 Peter 1:19-21 and I will quote:

  19.  We have also a more sure word of prophecy; wherunto ye do well
       that you take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place,
       until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
  20.  Knowing this first, that NO PROPHECY (propheteia) OF THE
  21.  For the prophecy came no in old time by the will of man:  but
       holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

I do believe that God was just confirming my gut-feeling by confirming
it in His Word.