Re: Classical query (verbal aspect)

> 2. Is there any significant discussion of verbal >aspect< (as oppossed to
> tense
> or Aktionsart) in contemporary classical scholarship?

Although you ask specifically about classical scholarship, I would
point out that James W. Voelz read a detailed paper on Aspect at the
1992 _Studiorum Novi Testamenti Societas_.  He used this material to
revise his grammar _Fundamental Greek Grammar_, 2nd ed.  Although he
does not cite literature in the grammar it is an interesting
presentation of the "tenses".  You might contact him about receiving
a copy of the paper.

Glenn Wooden
Acadia Divinity College
Wolfville N.S.