        Aor participle

From: "Stefan K. Soendergaard" <sks@pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 18:13:53 +0100

For your information:
(especially for those who know Danish, Swedish or Norwegian)

Two mailing-lists in the Danish language has been made:

'TEOLOGI' for academic, theological discussion etc.

'KIRKE' for practical theological and church discussions etc.

Further in Danish below.

Stefan Klit Soendergaard

Jeg tillader mig hermed at gre alle modtagere af dette brev
opmrksomme p:

  Mailing-listerne  K I R K E   &    T E O L O G I

    FORML: At fremme den kirkelige debat og kommunikation.

    DELTAGERE: Frst og fremmest prster og personer tilknyttet
    kirkelige institutioner og organisationer samt lrere og
    studerende ved universiteter og teologiske skoler, men ogs
    andre kan deltage.

    SPROG: Dansk (,norsk og svensk).

    FORML: At fremme den akademiske debat om og kommunikation af
    teologiske emner.

    DELTAGERE: Frst og fremmest lrere og studerende ved univer-
    siteter og teologiske skoler, prster og personer tilknyttet
    kirkelige institutioner og organisationer, men ogs andre kan

    SPROG: Dansk (,norsk og svensk).

    Send et brev til majordomo@pobox.com med kommandoen
    info teologi' og/eller 'info kirke':

       TO:   majordomo@pobox.com
       SUBJ: [hvad som helst]
       info kirke
       info teologi

    TEOLOGI og KIRKE er oprettet og administreret af stud. theol.
    Stefan Klit Sndergaard (sks@pobox.com).

    Se mere p world wide web: <http://www.pobox.com/~kot>

Tak for opmrksomheden,

Stefan Klit Sndergaard

From: DWILKINS@ucrac1.ucr.edu
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 12:51:52 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re Selling Greek

I agree with Barbara O'Cleirigh, and would even argue further that NT students
should learn Greek from the top down, i.e. learn Classical (Attic) Greek.
(Barbara perhaps implied that as well.) I started with koine Greek (Machen, who
ironically said it was best to learn Classical) and later went on to Classi-
cal. I can say now that my Classical grammars are often more correct and use-
ful about the NT than my NT grammars, because koine is essentially a simpli-
fied version of Attic. A quick illustration: Luke 1:29 is almost always mis-
translated ("might be" for "was") because most koine grammars bypass a dis-
cussion of the optative.
Don Wilkins, UCR

From: DWILKINS@ucrac1.ucr.edu
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 17:21:46 -0800 (PST)
Subject: aor. participle

Hi everybody. I'm having trouble finding an efficient way to send my article
on the aorist participle, because its around 40 pages (hopefully less after
I do some proofreading, etc.). Does anyone know a site I could FTP it to
which would be convenient for everyone on this list who wants the article,
or have another idea (I hope that's not a stupid question--I'm still learning
the intracacies of e-mail etc.). If not, I'll whittle it down and send it in
chunks to everyone requesting it. Thank you all for your interest.

Don Wilkins, UCR

From: "D. Peterson" <harpbard@deltainet.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 16:32:58 -0800

One of the rabbis said:

"Reading scripture in translation is like kissing your bride through a veil."

I have filed the serial numbers off that and made it slightly less sexist,
but I think it expresses the concept quite pithily.

+++ Douglas C. Peterson, MD                harpbard@deltainet.com +++
"Some people will never learn anything, for this reason, because they
     understand everything too soon." -  Alexander Pope

From: HDiehl312@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 20:42:51 -0500
Subject: greek

From: Tod M Kennedy <tkennedy@soar.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 20:08:12 -0800

Is it possbile to send it as an attachment? Don't know if list services can
handle that.

Tod M Kennedy

End of b-greek-digest V1 #147

To unsubscribe from this list write