Re: TOTE in Matt. 24:23

From: Philip L. Graber (
Date: Sat Sep 02 1995 - 17:38:42 EDT

On Fri, 1 Sep 1995, Larry Swain wrote:

> Finally I do disagree that it refers to Jerusalem, I am one of a minority
> who would date Matthew before 70, in fact as early as 62. There it is.
> So that for me is not taken for granted.

I realize that we have discussed this in the past with regard to the
synoptic problem, but I would appreciate seeing a summary of your
arguments in favor of dating Matthew this early, especially if there are
arguments that do not depend on Matthean priority.

Philip Graber Graduate Division of Religion
Graduate Student in New Testament 211 Bishops Hall, Emory University Atlanta, GA 30322 USA