Re: A.T.Robertson & Extra-NT Greek

From: Maurice A. O'Sullivan (mauros@iol.ie)
Date: Thu Oct 12 1995 - 04:10:44 EDT

On Wed, 11 Oct 1995 21:59:13 -0400

BibAnsMan@aol.com

on the subject: Re: A.T.Robertson & Extra-NT Greek
wrote:

>In a message dated 95-10-11 07:32:47 EDT, Maurice A. O'Sullivan writes:

>>On Tue, 10 Oct 1995 14:47:28 -0400
>on the subject: Re: A.T.Robertson & Extra-NT Greek
>>
>>BibAnsMan@aol.com wrote:
>
>> I merely said that it was not the FIRST line of defense. <
>>
>>Defense?
>>
>>Defense against what, or whom?

>ANSWER: Have you heard of Jude 3 or 1 Peter 3:15 ??

>Jim McGuire

You ask: >> Have you heard <<

Not much sign there of the "gentleness" recommended in 1 P. 3:15.
Would it really be too much to ask that a minimum level of courtesy prevail
on this list, which might well include the charitable assumption that a
contributor to a list titled B-GREEK might actually have a Bible, let alone
read it?

Is it possible that what I understood to be a difference about the use of
extra-biblical Greek sources has now been transformed into a " a defense to
any one who calls you to account for the hope that is in you"?

If so, perhaps some hesitation in equating the text with yourself might be
in order here?

Maurice A. O'Sullivan [ Bray, Ireland ]
mauros@iol.ie

[using Eudora Pro v 2.1.2 ]