Re: Apollos/Hebrews

From: Cal Redmond (
Date: Fri Feb 09 1996 - 10:58:44 EST

Gary Shogren wrote,
>Sometime in the future, during that ideal summer when I have
>nothing to do, I plan to write an article "proving" that John
>Mark wrote the book. I think he's the only companion of Paul
>never picked. The reason it's so different from GMark is that
>the gospel is written under Petrine influence. This will seal my
>immortality as a footnote in NT Introductions until the End. Any
>Gary S. Shogren
>Associate Professor of New Testament
>Biblical Theological Seminary, Hatfield PA

Your suggestion certainly will earn that immortal footnote. But why
restrict the possible authors to Paul's circle?

Some possibilities that I am not aware have been put forward include:
Jude, Joseph of Arimathea, or Nicodemus. Please reserve at least one of
these for my claim to fame.

Cal Redmond, ABD
The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
Cal Redmond
The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary