Petrine commentaries

From: H. Alan Brehm (102733.3234@compuserve.com)
Date: Wed Apr 17 1996 - 21:12:45 EDT

Since everyone is picking commentaries, I'm looking for a good, student-level
commentary for a course on 1, 2 Peter & Jude.

I've used Kelley several times and find it satisfactory, but a bit above the
reading level of most of my students.

I would be willing to look at two separate volumes as well as those that include
all three.

I'm also interested in a Synthetic treatment of the message of the Petrines.
I'm familiar with Chester and Martin in the Cambridge series, but I find it
lacking in material concerning the THEOLOGY of the books. Any suggestions?

Thanks

H. Alan Brehm
Assistant Professor of NT
Southwestern Baptist Theol. Sem.
P. O. Box 22000
Ft. Worth, TX 76122
817-923-1921, ext. 6800
102733.3234@compuserve.com

"The highest reward for man's toil is not what he earns from it but what he
becomes by it" --John Ruskin