Re: the "malakoi" in 1 Cor 6.9

Date: Wed Sep 18 1996 - 18:08:59 EDT

One more reference to MALAKOS - In something I wrote (again, years ago, and
now I don't have access to Dionysius, I don't remember the context, and I
unfortunately didn't record the precise reference) there is the following

     In Dionysius there is the mention of
Aristodemus who was better known as
MALAKOS. Dionysius gives two possibilities
for the origin of the nickname, one of which was
that as a boy, Aristodemus had "allowed himself to
be treated as a woman."

Perhaps someone can come up with the reference?

Jeff Smelser