Re: Lexicon

From: Jonathan Robie (
Date: Wed Nov 27 1996 - 07:48:31 EST

At 02:16 PM 11/27/96 +0200, William Dicks wrote:
> I would like to know which lexicon to purchase if I had only 2 choices and
>could only afford one: Liddell-Scott or BAGD. Why?

For classical Greek, Liddell-Scott. For New Testament Greek, BAGD.

However, if money is tight, and you have Internet access, do you know that
you can access Liddell-Scott online, with hyperlinks to the original texts
mentioned in each definition? If it says that Plato used a word in the
Republic, and you click on it in the lexicon entry, you are looking at the
original sentence in Plato's Republic!

Jonathan Robie
Ph: 919.598.5728 Fax: 919.598.6728
email:, <--- shockwave enabled!