Re: Lexicon

From: David L. Moore (
Date: Wed Nov 27 1996 - 13:12:35 EST

At 02:16 PM 11/27/96 +0200, William Dicks wrote:
> I would like to know which lexicon to purchase if I had only 2 choices and
>could only afford one: Liddell-Scott or BAGD. Why?

        It depends on what Greek corpus you will be working in.

        For classical studies, choose the L&S; for New Testament studies,
although the L&S is helpful, BAGD is the specialized tool of choice.

All the best,
David Moore

David L. Moore Director
Miami, Florida, USA Department of Education Southeastern Spanish District of the Assemblies of God