Re: Earliest Version?

From: Joseph Augusta (augusta@slip.net)
Date: Fri Mar 21 1997 - 10:21:50 EST

Joseph Augusta wrote:

> Newbie, here. Could someone tell me what is the earliest version of > the Bible-NT in particular-available in translation (to English), and
> include publisher's info etc.?

Thanks to all who responded to my question above; mea culpa, I asked the
wrong question. What I am looking for is the earliest (historical)
version of the Bible, rather than a compendium or retranslation that may
have come in the 3rd or 4th C. that is available in English. The date
of the English translation is unimportant.

Thank you.

Joseph Augusta augusta@slip.net San Francisco