Re: Style-how much can we know?

From: Michael Miller (
Date: Tue Mar 25 1997 - 10:03:15 EST

Glenn L. Weaver wrote:
> Does anyone have any thoughts or know of any sources which discuss
> the accuracy of the style of the New Living Translation (NLT)?
> Thanks!
> Glenn L. Weaver (
> --->
> --->
> --->

The New Living Translation can best be appraised through its chapter
entitled "Introduction to the New Living Translation." The N.L.T. is
portrayed as a "...dynamic-equivalence translation...a thought for
thought translation...both exegetically and idiomatically powerful."
--The New Living Translation of the Holy Bible, Wheaton, Illinois:
Tyndale House Publishers, 1996, p.
I trust you will find this helpful. Rev. Michael