Re: yet another melody...

From: A K M Adam (F49ADAM@ptsmail.ptsem.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 15 1997 - 08:01:00 EDT

All, right, I'll join in:

My sons learned the Greek alphabet to the same tune by which they learned
the English alphabet:

"A B C D E F G
Al-pha Be-ta Gamma Delta Eps'lon

H I J K L M N O P
Zeta Eta Theta Iota Kap-pa Lamb-da Mu

Q R S T U V
Nu Xi Omicron Pi Rho Sigma

 Dou-ble-U X Y and Z
Tau Ups'lon Phi Chi Psi Omega

Now I know my Greek alphabet;
Next time you will sing with me, I bet."

By the way, when Jonathan reported the mnemonic initials by which my
students have memorized the alphabet, the incontinent bigots of his first
pentad were his invention, not mine; in my class at Princeton Seminary,
students remember the first five letters by recalling that

All Barthians Get Dogmatically Educated.

Grace and peace,
A K M Adam
f49adam@ptsmail.ptsem.edu
Princeton Theological Seminary

"To translate is human; to parse, divine"