Re: yet another melody...

From: Jonathan Robie (jwrobie@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Apr 15 1997 - 08:21:44 EDT

At 07:38 AM 4/15/97 -0400, Mari Broman Olsen wrote:
>My daughter learned this one in first grade, as part of an art history
>unit on ancient Greece. I think the tune is (with letter line up,
>though syllables match up less well)

I like that! Actually, the "Hokey Pokey" seems to work, too:

(You put your)
right hand in, you put your right hand out
alpha beta gamma del-ta ep- si- lon

you put your
zeta

right hand in, and you shake it all about
eta theta iota kappa lamda mu nu

you do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around
xi o - mikron pi rho sigma tau upsilon

that's what it's all about
phi chi psi o - mega!

Now back to SGML repositories...