Re: Revelation and Fourth Gospel

From: Robert J. Petry, C.L. (Ambassador@sisna.com)
Date: Sun Jun 22 1997 - 22:18:53 EDT

Jonathan Robie wrote:

> So we have to start out with a quantifiable, disprovable theory about
> what
> things remain constant and what things change when an author writes on
>
> different occasions, at different periods of life, and to different
> audiences, But if you can't demonstrate the ability to distinguish
> whether two works
> are written by the same author, you shouldn't make dogmatic assertions
> on
> the question. (This is a generic "you", not aimed at any individual.)
>
> Jonathan

Has it ever been considered that Revelation is written with this idea
presented up front? "The revelation of Yahshua..." and not of John, and
that therefore most of the writing is of quotes transcribed by John.
Obviously, if this is true, then Revelation would obviously appear
different from the Gospel or Catholic Epistles of John.

Robert J. Petry, C.L.