Matt 6:13//Lk. 11:4 one last time

From: Jeffrey Gibson (jgibson@acfsysv.roosevelt.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 07 1997 - 18:02:04 EDT

List Members,

During the last few days I have taken the data I posted to the
list on PEIRASMOS etc. and applied it to the question raised by Jonathan
which prompted these postings (namely, how is the petition in Matt.
6:13//Lk. 11:4 to be interpreted), producing what I think is a
fairly definitive answer on the matter. I had thought of posting it
to the list. But given the legitimate and not unreasonable concern
expressed by Mark Goodacre about using up precious mail box space
and setting dangerous precedents on the acceptable length of
postings, knowing how much space I have taken up already on the
question, and fearing that in posting yet another longish PEIRASMOS
piece I not only put the list member's patience to the test, but
risk giving the impression that I am using the list simply to
forward my own work, I will not do so.

Rather, I will happily send it out off list on an individual basis
to any list member who requests it. To those who DO wish to see it,
I ask the courtesy of a thoughtful review.

Jeffrey Gibson
jgibson@acfsysv.roosevelt.edu