Re: Metzger Text Comm. Error

From: McKay family (music@fl.net.au)
Date: Wed Aug 06 1997 - 19:39:02 EDT

Clayton asked a question about the revised version of Metzger's Textual
Commentary on the 4th edition of the UBS Greek NT.

Now I have never bought a copy of the 4th edition because my wife's 3rd
edition is still in good nick [after 20 years], though I did wear out my
copy from carrying to and from theological college [and reading it!]

I understand that the 4th edition has the same text, but that the
critical apparatus evaluates some textual problems differently.

When I look at a 4th edition in a bookshop, the font looks "angry" to
me! I don't like the sort-of italicized font, do you? I find my 3rd
edition looks nicer!

Can anyone tell me whether there is much new material in the revision of
the textual commentary? Is it worth the $40 it costs in Australia?

David McKay
music@fl.net.au