Re: IAW Kurios Pantokrator = Jehovah/YHWH?

From: David L. Moore (dvdmoore@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Aug 08 1997 - 11:00:17 EDT

Will Wagers <taxis@gte.net> wrote in answer to Mitchell Andrews:

>Here are some miscellaneous notes I have on Iao. It is found on coins,
>amulets, etc.
>It was a popular name of a gnostic god, and perhaps a name to conjure with.
>I hope something is useful.

(snip)

>Clement of Alexandria transliterated the name {Yahweh} into Greek in the
>form Iaoue.
>- - =B3Spelling the Sacred Name: V or W?=B2 (Kingdom City, MO: Yahweh=B9s New
>Covenant Assembly, 1992), p. 6.

(snip)

>> References to any commentaries, reference works, or scholarly opinion woul=
>> be appreciated.

        A work that is not new but references much original material is
"Greek Transcriptions of the Tetragrammaton" in _Bible Studies_ by G. Adolph
Deissmann (pp. 321-336).

Regards,
David Moore
David L. Moore
Miami, Florida, USA
Southeastern Spanish District of the A/G Dept. of Education
E-mail: dvdmoore@ix.netcom.com
Home Page: http://members.aol.com/dvdmoore