Re: Qualitative and Indefinite

From: Dale M. Wheeler (
Date: Sat Sep 06 1997 - 12:52:49 EDT

John Kendall wrote:

>Sorry if part of this post is, as we say, 'teaching my grandmother to suck

We have confusion between linguists and non-linguists; now we have it between
American and Commonwealth speakers of English... Am I the only American who
has no idea what "...teaching my grandmother to suck eggs' means ?? John,
could you clarify ??

>but in places this discussion has seemed to me to be terminologically
>confusing.....ETC... <snip>

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who got lost in the ambiguous
use of terminology...

Dale M. Wheeler, Ph.D.
Research Professor in Biblical Languages Multnomah Bible College
8435 NE Glisan Street Portland, OR 97220
Voice: 503-251-6416 FAX:503-254-1268 E-Mail: