Re: Re: Acts 2:38

From: Revcraigh@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 14 1997 - 00:59:17 EDT

>All I am saying is that we must not find more in the text than what is
>really there, or is properly implied.
>
><snip>
>
>Paul Dixon

Okay! I guess you've kind of answered my question. I was really hoping to
hear from someone who interprets this as "Repent for the forgiveness of sins
and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit then each of you be
baptized" to answer how he gets BAPTISQHTW... all the way to the end of
Peter's sentence. I can understand, given a certain theological stance and
based upon comparison with other texts, why one would do so but I wanted to
see it defended on the basis of the grammar, syntax, thought flow etc. of
this text.

I guess I'm still hoping.

Rev. Craig R. Harmon