Re: Book explaining sentence diagramming?

From: Eric Weiss (
Date: Mon Feb 09 1998 - 22:34:17 EST

> From: "Kevin W. Woodruff" <>
> Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 18:20:52 -0500
> Subject: Re: Book explaining sentence diagramming?

> James:

> John Grassmick at Dallas Seminary has a book on diagramming that is
> the best on the subject that I've seen. it is called _Principles and
> Practice of Greek Exegesis_ and is available from the Dallas Seminary

Grassmick also contains a complete grammatical analysis of Colossians,
which we used for our study of Colossians (along with Murray Harris'
book/commentary) in 2nd-year Greek at The Criswell College (2 blocks
from Dallas Theo. Sem.). Quite useful to learn diagramming.

For another useful tool - useful because you can color-code it right in
your Greek New Testament - read USER-FRIENDLY GREEK by Kendell Easley -
he encourages thought-flow marking as opposed to diagramming as being a
more productive use of one's time when studying a passage and preparing
a message on it..

"Eric S. Weiss"