Suggestion to Beginning Greekers

From: Theodore H. Mann (thmann@juno.com)
Date: Sun Feb 15 1998 - 22:09:37 EST

  I would like to recommend a book to those who consider themselves
beginners in biblical Greek, but ready for a follow-up to basic grammar:
"User-Friendly Greek" by Kendell H. Easley; published by Broadman and
Holman. I picked it up because someone else on the list suggested it,
although I forget who (thanks, whoever you are). This is a short (167
pages), relatively simple volume that is very useful, prior to launching
into the heavy tomes (such as Wallace). The glossary at the end is
especially helpful, directing the reader to understandable explanations
of such terms as "Conative Present," "Genitive Absolute," etc. Also,
for those whose primary interestl in Greek is exegetical, this book is a
must!

  Note to senior members of the list: If the above advice is faulty,
please warn those to whom I am writing.

Do I hear an "Amen"?

Ted

Dr. Theodore "Ted" H. Mann
Orchard Lake, Michigan
thmann@juno.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]