Re: MIAS GUNAIKOS (in Kenya)

From: Perry L. Stepp (plstepp@flash.net)
Date: Tue Feb 17 1998 - 14:55:16 EST

I don't have time to grab it off the shelf, but look at J. N. D. Kelly's
commentary on the Pastorals. As I recall, he discusses early Christian
views of divorce and remarriage, and remarriage after being widowed.
I don't recall any specific sources he cites, though.

Perry L. Stepp

Pastor, DeSoto Christian Church, DeSoto TX
Ph.D. Candidate in New Testament, Baylor University
Keeper of the Top-10 List, alt.fan.letterman
#1 Cowboy Homer

"Oh Adam's sons, how cleverly you defend yourselves
against all that might do you good!"
               --Aslan, *The Magicians Nephew*

Any system of morality which is based on relative
emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly
vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it
and nothing true.
               --Plato, *Phaedo* 69b