Re: just wondering

From: Jonathan Robie (
Date: Wed Mar 04 1998 - 22:20:01 EST

At 09:42 PM 3/4/98 EST, Fivefree wrote:
>For my own benefit, do you think this statement is accurate?
>Inerrantists ~generally~ are Byzantine text people and Alexandrian text
>are ~generally~ not?
I do not believe this is true. If you turn the two sentences around, you
get true statements:

Byzantine text people are generally inerrantists, and often people to whom
the reliability of the KJV is an important issue.

Those who are not inerrantists are generally Alexandrian text people, but
most people who do not assign a special status to the KJV are also
Alexandrian text people, regardless of their stance on inerrancy.

However, I do not think that it is safe to trust broad, sweeping statements
like this without doing a study, especially the two statements I just made,
since they stem from an unreliable source. Also, this kind of
generalization has little to do with the accuracy of the two text types.

Jonathan Robie

Little Greek Home Page:
Little Greek 101:
B-Greek Home Page: