Re: aspect?

From: Richard Lindeman (
Date: Sun Mar 22 1998 - 22:13:13 EST

>Dear B-Greekers,
> I'm sorry, but since I seem to have joined in right in the middle
>of the "aspect" discussion, I'm afraid I don't know what that is. Can
>anyone give me a nice, simple, understandable-for-a-20-year-old
>definition? It may be something that will help me.

Welcome to the club Allison! Part of the reason for our debate is that
there is no complete agreement on what exactly aspect is and means! :-)
Therefore there can be no easy answer to your question.
However, I believe that you may find a beginning point for your own search
of the issues within the B-Greek archives. You can find sample definitions
of both aspect and aktionsart at the following WWW address:

Rich Lindeman