Re: NOUS, BOUS, and others (was, **skivvies**)

From: Paul S. Dixon (
Date: Thu Apr 02 1998 - 10:49:29 EST

On Thu, 2 Apr 1998 08:59:56 -0600 "Carl W. Conrad"
<> writes:
>At 6:42 PM -0600 4/1/98, Ward Powers wrote:
>>At 10:49 98/04/01 -0600, Carl Conrad wrote:

>You'd like to believe I was that clever, would you? Sorry, but the best
>could muster yesterday morning was the bit about BARYMORON in another
>The fact of the matter is that hUIEUS is a form of hUIOS found only in
>Attic dialect, for all practical purposes, rather commonly in Homer. I
>thinking that I'd seen it in a Pauline text or two, but I must have been
>thinking of some other word that is heteroclitic like that. You are
>right, Ward, hUIOS in the 2nd or O declension is the only form of this
>found in the NT.
>With head hung down in shame,

What? Tell me it is not so. Wait, maybe it was posted a few minutes
before midnight on April 1st. No, he posted it 4 seconds before 9 am on
the 2nd. He was serious. Well, sort of.

Thanks, Carl.

Paul Dixon

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at
Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]