Re: Jn 1:1; Caird and Carson

From: Edgar Foster (questioning1@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 07 1998 - 18:42:54 EDT

---"Paul S. Dixon" wrote:

> Edgar:

> While the third clause of Jn 1:1c is undoubtedly a qualitative
statement
> about the LOGOS, this does not mean it cannot also be a statement of
> identity (by implication), as I read Carson.

Dear Paul,

Thank you for confirming my suspicions. :) I will refrain from arguing
with Carson comments. I mainly wanted to know, was he correct? Is his
statement valid? I now have another matter to investigate: can a
qualitative statement imply identity? Back to work.

Thanks Paul,

Edgar Foster

LR College

Questioning1@yahoo.com