RE: PISTEUW and works

From: Stevens, Charles C (Charles.Stevens@unisys.com)
Date: Thu Apr 30 1998 - 18:40:05 EDT

On 30 April 1998 at 9:44AM, JPDOW comments:

<<Just a quick thought on the PISTEUW subject. While it's true that one
> can not derive the meaning of submission from the word PISTEUW alone,
> we should remember that scripture does describe faith as being
> directly productive of works, so that faith does indeed produce
> submission. See James 2:14-26.>>

However, that is a theological rather than a linguistic perspective, and
for that reason I can't defend further exploration on my part of that
perspective in this particular forum, given its charter.

    -Chuck Stevens [SMTP: Charles.Stevens@unisys.com]