RE: grammars: Hewett, Voelz, etc.

From: Perry L. Stepp (plstepp@flash.net)
Date: Mon May 18 1998 - 16:50:18 EDT

A half-informed comment, and a question:

1.) I found Machen useful because of the paradigms. But $45 is too much to
spend for a set of paradigms. (No 20-cent puns, please.)

2.) Does anyone have experience with the *Athenaze* set, from Oxford? I
ran across the two volumes in the Baylor bookstore for cheap (damaged) and
grabbed them because they looked interesting, but they've sat on my shelf
ever since.

PLStepp

Pastor, DeSoto Christian Church, DeSoto TX
Ph.D. Candidate in Religion, Baylor University
#1 Cowboy Fan
Keeper of the Top-10, news://alt.fan.letterman

When the leaders choose to make themselves bidders
at an auction of popularity, their talents, in the
construction of the state, will be of no service.
They will become flatterers instead of legislators;
the instruments, not the guides, of the people.
     --Edmund Burke