Re: historical present

From: Jonathan Robie (
Date: Wed Jun 03 1998 - 11:51:52 EDT

At 11:08 AM 6/3/98 -0400, Jim West wrote:
>In order to justify the claim, Dale must examine every use of estin which
>occurs in the NT. I would be very curious to read it if you have written it
>up somewhere, Dale.
Or you could just provide us with an exception or two to disprove his
claim. No writeup that explores every example proves anything if even one
exception can be found. But someone has to find that exception to prove him
wrong. Anything come to mind?

So far, it looks like a bold claim that nobody has been able to contradict.

Jonathan Robie

Little Greek Home Page:
Little Greek 101:
B-Greek Home Page: