Re: historical present

From: Jim West (jwest@highland.net)
Date: Wed Jun 03 1998 - 12:16:07 EDT

At 11:51 AM 6/3/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Or you could just provide us with an exception or two to disprove his
>claim. No writeup that explores every example proves anything if even one
>exception can be found. But someone has to find that exception to prove him
>wrong. Anything come to mind?
>
>So far, it looks like a bold claim that nobody has been able to contradict.
>
>Jonathan

Well, ok. Dale already indicated that in John 5 the statement is disproved.
But I will get out my handy-dandy computer text when I get back to the
office and I will give ya a list.

By the way, bold claims need to be proven rather than the burden being on
the one who disagrees. Dale made a claim and I said no. Now, if things are
to be done properly, Dale must prove his claim. Thus, from a simply
scholarly perspective, the claimant must make his case. Neverhtless, I will
disprove it. Stay tuned.

Best to all,

Jim

Jim West, ThD