Re: Hardening of the Categories

From: Bill Ross (
Date: Sat Jun 06 1998 - 19:15:18 EDT

>What we are suffering from is hardening of the categories.
>I am not suggesting that we create a new system of categories. Far from it.
>am suggesting that we throw out the system of categories altogether.

Defining any part of language is of a great, but ultimately limited, value.

Consulting a dictionary may or may not reveal the subtleties or the full
scope of usage you are encountering in "real life".

Consider what someone reading our mail 1998 years from now might make of
"hardening of the categories". They might amend their Koine English
dictionary meaning of "suffering" to include "9. experience technical

b-greek home page:
To subscribe,
To unsubscribe,[]