Re: Mark 2:23b

From: David L. Moore (
Date: Sun Jun 14 1998 - 09:05:15 EDT

At 04:29 AM 6/13/98 EDT, (David Palmer) wrote:
>Thanks to all of you who helped re the accents.
>I would like to see any of you translate Mark 2:23, particularly HRXANTO

        A more or less dynamic equivalent translation might go something like the

        "They began to make [their] way [through the field] picking [the heads of
grain] as they went."

since TILLONTES is a present participle, it should be understood as
durative, and HRXANTO being aorist is inceptive as the lexis of ARCW also

David Moore

David L. Moore
Miami, Florida, USA
Southeastern Spanish District of the A/G Dept. of Education
Home Page:

b-greek home page:
To subscribe,
To unsubscribe,[]