Re: Mark 2:23b

From: Jim West (jwest@Highland.Net)
Date: Sun Jun 14 1998 - 12:28:34 EDT

At 04:29 AM 6/13/98 -0400, you wrote:

>I would like to see any of you translate Mark 2:23, particularly HRXANTO hODOV
(David Palmer)

"and it happened on the sabbath that they walked by the grain field, and
his disciples started to pick heads of grain on the way"

(less literal- and more english)- "So, on the sabbath as they walked by a
grain field, the disciples plucked some heads of grain as they went on their

N.B.- I am not sure what you mean by your phrase "I would like to see any of
you translate..."- but I have not taken it in a negative tone and am certain
that it was not intended as a combative challenge.

Jim West, ThD

Adjunct Professor of Bible
Quartz Hill School of Theology

b-greek home page: