Re: 1 Cor 14:27--number agreement

From: Carl W. Conrad (
Date: Tue Jun 23 1998 - 17:55:13 EDT

At 5:37 PM -0400 6/23/98, Carl W. Conrad wrote:
>not LOGOI. I'll respond to the specifics below, but let me say that my
>basic reason for this is that DUO and TREIS are identical in the nominative
>and superlative, LOGOUS really ought to be spelled out if it were intended
>to be understood with DUO H TREIS.

Did I actually write that? Homer may nod, but Conrad goes into a deep
slumber when penning responses to B-Greek, it would appear.

Of course, what SHOULD be read in that clause in the second line cited
above is: "... that DUO and TREIS are identical in the nominative and
accusative ..."

And I do remember one of my students once trying to tell me about the
Vocative tense, too. I think in my present slumber I would have been like
to agree.

Carl W. Conrad

b-greek home page:
To subscribe,