Re: Clement & Polycarp

From: Justin Winger (
Date: Sun Jun 28 1998 - 01:29:11 EDT

        I am sorry that this posting is so late. I live in the Northern
California Bay Area and there is a guy up here who has an ante-Nicene
archive and I am not sure what else. However, I *think* he has a pretty
extensive knowledge and library of Church Fathers. I believe he is a
professor at San Jose State, but I am not sure. His name is Brent Walters
and you can reach him at (408) ARCHIVE. I am sorry, but I don't have a
phone number for you.

At 09:16 AM 6/12/98 -0400, you wrote:
>At 11:23 AM -0400 6/08/98, wrote:
>>This is a longstanding desire and request I've had. Please feel free to
>>forward this request to anyone you feel could assist me. Thanks for your
>>I'm looking for someone who's working on translation of Clement &
>>Polycarp and other "Apostolic Fathers" works. I'm interested in parsing
>>data and a fresh "dynamic equivalence" style translation. If you are
>>aware of anyone working on this type of a project, I would like to
>>communicate with them.
>>I'm also interested in anyone who's working on a "literal" translation of
>>these works.
>>I would be interested in taking some of my Greek students into this era
>>of Greek material.
>David, this has been sitting in my in-box for a couple days because I had
>no immediate response to it; I'm forwarding it to b-greek because I think
>you may find one or more persons giving you some useful feedback there.
>Regards, Carl
>Carl W. Conrad
>Department of Classics, Washington University
>Summer: 1647 Grindstaff Road/Burnsville, NC 28714/(828) 675-4243
>b-greek home page:
>To subscribe,
>To unsubscribe,

b-greek home page: