Re: Concepts and Words

Date: Mon Jun 29 1998 - 11:32:01 EDT

<I've thought about this for a few days, and I finally decided to look
for an example of Jesus rendering PROSKUNEW. Although, I find no
explicit examples of this, I did find an interesting thought in John
4:22: hEMEIS PROSKUNOUMEN hO OIDAMEN. Jesus seems to
include himself as a worshiper of the Father. What think ye?>

If I may interject,
1) He was a Jew and was speaking for his race in general to a Samaritan
2) he did not reveal himself as the Messiah til v26, so he was just a Jew
to her and nothing more
3) He was simply pointing out differences between Jewish worship and
Samaritan worship

Kevin Messerschmidt

b-greek home page:
To subscribe,