Re: Concepts and Words

Date: Tue Jun 30 1998 - 00:55:32 EDT

Edgar Foster wrote:
> wrote:
> > The roots of PROSKUNEW are 'toward' and 'dog', and the meaning of the
> > term is apparently evolving through GNT times, eh? Yet it is not,
> > apparently, a term that is ascribed to anything that Jesus did ~ ever
> > ~ at all.
> George,
> I've thought about this for a few days, and I finally decided to look
> for an example of Jesus rendering PROSKUNEW. Although, I find no
> explicit examples of this, I did find an interesting thought in John
> 4:22:
> Jesus seems to include himself as a worshiper of the Father. What
> think ye?

Edgar ~

You have restored my faith!! :-)

Now granted, this does not say that Jesus worships, but instead 'we'
worship, presumably the disciples, the great editorial WE. "We know
what we worship" ~ Of course, he is alone talking with the woman...
'Twould be interesting to isolate the number of usages of 'we' in John
~ And try to see if they all mean the same 'we'. [Just another back
burner item...]

Thank-you friend...

Lisa Messmer..................ICQ# 5666415
George Blaisdell

Have you seen Dulcie? Look for her Heart!

Last Chance for Animals...Fight Pet Theft!

b-greek home page:
To subscribe,
To unsubscribe,[]