Using the verb to be with God as the Subject

From: Trevor Forrester (alison@ozemail.com.au)
Date: Thu Jul 02 1998 - 05:56:16 EDT

This is my first inquiry of the list so hope I can generate some discussion
on this topic.

C.H. Dodd make the claim in his commentary on Romans that Paul never uses
the verb 'to be angry' with God as the subject. I am currently working on
some research in to Paul's understanding of the Wrath of God and Dodd's
claim raises some questions for me as he sees God's wrath as some impersonal
process or efect in the realm of objective facts.

If this is a topic that has been discussed before please let me know and if
possible point me to the appropriate resource.

Yours in Christ
Trevor Forrester
Forrest Ministries alison@ozemail.com.au
Coming to You From Australia's Country Music Capital
Tamworth
Visit Our Web Site at:
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~alison