Re: Fw: Raymond Brown

From: Jonathan Robie (
Date: Mon Aug 10 1998 - 21:32:12 EDT

Raymond Brown, of course, was a brilliant Johannine scholar, author of "The
Community of the Beloved Disciple", the commentaries on the Gospel and
Epistles of John in the Anchor Bible Series, etc.

In both the commentaries and the book mentioned above, I had the feeling I
was reading the work not only of a brilliant scholar, but of a generous
heart well-steeped in the spirit of what John was trying to convey. I would
love to have met the man.

Jonathan Robie

Little Greek Home Page:
Little Greek 101: