Re: Romans 8:28

From: Carlton Winbery (
Date: Thu Aug 13 1998 - 05:44:30 EDT

Steve Long wrote;

>How about this reading: "everything synergizes into good" or "all things
>synergize into good"? Isn't there an implied plurality in the SUN prefix?
>My original difficulty with the hO QEOS as the subject was I didn't see how
>a singular subject could have a "synergy".
And what exactly, in plain English, does synergize mean? I can't find it
in my college dictionary at home. My unabridged Funk & Wagnals is at

In Greek, SUNERGEI can mean "to help" usually associated with a word in the
dative case. I see no problem with a singular subject for this verb in

Carlton L. Winbery
Fogleman Professor of Religion
Louisiana College
Pineville, LA 71359