From: Adam, Professor AKM (AKM.Adam@PTSEM.EDU)
Date: Thu Aug 27 1998 - 08:24:07 EDT

Doesn't the problem arise from our having a technical definition for
"hurricane" that would have been inaccessible & irrelevant to our Greek

Why not just gloss LAILAPS as "tempest," which does quite well (to my mind)
as a characterization of a storm that involves winds, precipitation, and
danger (especially when at sea)? But perhaps this is just a LAILAPS EN
CALKEIWi. . . .

Grace and peace,
A K M Adam
Princeton Theological Seminary

"Melius est dubitare de occultis quam litigare de incertis."