Re: I have recommended this forum!

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 02 1998 - 17:40:57 EDT

May I urge that those who want to respond directly to this inquiry do so
directly and not start a new thread wherein everyone offers a personal
identification? Instead, let me re-post the results of the survey which we
did a year ago. Some of the list membership has changed since then, but I
don't think the fundamental nature of the membership has. Of course, not
all responded, but a fair--and I think fairly representative--sample did.
It might be possible at some point to conduct a new survey, but it does
involve considerable effort, so I don't contemplate undertaking it very
soon. I'll re-send that report as soon as I can fetch it.

At 3:23 PM -0500 9/02/98, Glen Sample wrote:
>Ladies and Gentlemen of B-Greek,
>
>I have very much enjoyed the discussions of this group, even though
>I am not knowlegable about Greek. Your insightful comments and mature
>disposition (in most cases) are what I find interesting.
>
>In a discussion I had the other day, I recommended this forum to someone
>who should find it interesting. His answer was:
>
>"Why see what students in their late teens and early
>twenties have to say?"
>
>While many of you might be young students of Greek, I get an entirely
>different "feel" from this group. In a nutshell, how could I describe
>the B-Greek group? Are you just a bunch of "students in their late
>teens and early twenties", or are you as I suspect - a knowlegable
>group of cutting-edge Greek scholars?!
>
>A B-Greek lurker,
>
>Glen Sample
>

>---