From: Jim West (jwest@Highland.Net)
Date: Fri Sep 04 1998 - 08:29:57 EDT

At 05:24 PM 9/3/98 -0500, you wrote:
>To b-greek:
>I want to express to the group my frustration with the administration of
>b-greek. I have tried, unsuccessfully, to participate in the discussions as
>I used to.

I wondered why we had not heard from you...

>I tried to suscribe, but never received a return message that I was on the
>mailing list.

Maybe the new lyris software doesnt confirm like the old majordomoat Virginia.

>To date I have not received one single communication. When I located the
>web site and tried to register through that, I got the message that
> was already on the list!

That is most bizarre.

>In short, I almost begin to suspect demons are on the watch here.

I would hope not- your insights are always pertinent--- I cannot imagine
for all the world that youare being intentionally blocked.

>I have communicated with Edward Hobbs and Carl Conrad, both of whom, I
>think, gave what aid they could. Still no respsonse.
>If you have any suggestions, please respond to me at

I think perhaps the thing to do is go to the webpage- leave b-greek, and
then a little while later resubscribe. Maybe there is just some
configuration glitch... and unsubscribing will clear it while resubscribing
will get you on the list. In the meanwhile- I will be glad to post anything
you write- and send anything posted... Just let me know if you wish this.

Haben Sie eine Guten Tag, Freund!

Jim West, ThD
Quartz Hill School of Theology