Re: NT Idioms

From: Jeffrey B. Gibson (
Date: Mon Sep 07 1998 - 13:01:27 EDT

Theodore H. Mann wrote:
> Greetings All:
> I think I asked this question some time ago, but due to a hectic schedule
> I have only been skimming the postings, so I probably missed the
> response. Question: Is there a book that lists and explains all or most
> of the idiomatic expressions in the NT? Thanks.

You will, doubtless, be inundated with this suggestion by others. But a
good place to start is C.F.D. Moule's _And Indiom Book of N.T. Greek_.
Moule, by the way is still going strong at 88! I had a wonderful letter
from him recently - charm and eloquence combined.

Jeffrey B. Gibson
7423 N. Sheridan Road #2A
Chicago, Illinois 60626