RE: NT Idioms

From: Perry L. Stepp (
Date: Mon Sep 07 1998 - 17:23:52 EDT

Regarding NT idioms--

Is anyone familiar with Roy Blizzard's work? He wrote a book proposing a
Hebrew background for several NT idioms (as I recall, all were in the
gospels). I don't remember the title, but the section I read extensively
(on the "dark eye" statement in Mt 6) was fabulous.

Pastor, DeSoto Christian Church, DeSoto TX
Ph.D. Candidate in Religion, Baylor University
#1 Cowboy Fan
Keeper of the Top-10, news://

It is tremendous folly to put trashy people in positions
of trust and conspicuousness.

                       --George Will, 6 August 1998