Re: Isaiah 45:19

From: Ben Crick (
Date: Fri Sep 04 1998 - 22:54:47 EDT

On Fri 4 Sep 98 (15:31:55), wrote:
> Could the repetition be a scribal error or is it emphasis? Not
> knowing Hebrew, is the Hebrew repetitious? FWIW, the Vulgate has it:
> non in abscondito locutus sum in loc terrae tenebroso
> non dixi semini Iacob frustra quaerite me
> ego Dominus loquens iustitiam adnuntians recta
> with no repetition.

 Thank you, Cindy. It would appear that the repetition in Gramcord at Isa
 45:19 LXX is a dittogram. It happens today as well as in antiquity!
 Haplography too. My Biblia Sacra Vulgata downloaded from the Web lacks
 Daniel chapters 4 thru 12. Yours too? Mercifully I have an old Bagster
 print-and-paper copy.

 Let us not forget that EGW EIMI is also the normal phrase for "I am....".
 I'm making no claims about myself when I use it!

 Revd Ben Crick, BA CF