Re: Mark 6:2

From: Theodore H. Mann (
Date: Tue Sep 08 1998 - 13:17:05 EDT

On Tue, 08 Sep 1998 12:35:51 EDT (Paul S. Dixon) writes:

>This being the day Mark McGuire just may hit #62 in St. Louis (hey,
Carl, is the town really in a tizzy, like the rest of America?),

Didn't the Babe hit his 60 homers in a shorter season than the rest of
these guys? Or does my memory fail me? If it doesn't, we would have to
project how many more 4-baggers Ruth would likely have hit if he had the
same length season as Maris and McGuire, in which case he would probably
still be the King of Swat. Or did Maris and McGuire reach the 61 mark
(so as to break Ruth's record) in the same number of games as Ruth?

What's the Greek term for baseball (So as to justify the above for
inclusion in B-Greek)?

Theodore "Ted" H. Mann

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at
Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]