Help with an abbreviation

From: Perry L. Stepp (
Date: Tue Sep 15 1998 - 10:12:25 EDT

Hello, all. In Ethelbert Stauffer's *New Testament Theology*, I've run
across an abbreviation that I can't figure out, one that isn't defined in
the list of abbreviations. He refers to "SBar 76.2" and "SEn 64.1."
Assuming Bar=Baruch and En=Enoch, to what works is Stauffer referring? I'm
familiar with the Similtudes of Enoch--is *that* what "SEn" aims at? I
don't know of any such works associated with Baruch.

Perhaps S stands for Syriac--Syriac Baruch, Syriac Enoch? There's a "Baruch
apocalypse" in Syriac, I believe.

What's up with that?

Pastor, DeSoto Christian Church, DeSoto TX
Ph.D. Candidate in Religion, Baylor University
#1 Cowboy Fan
Keeper of the Top-10, news://

"There is no perjury shown in this report."
        --David Kendall, 13 Sept 1998
          *This Week* with Sam Donaldson
                and Cokie Roberts