From: Jonathan Robie (
Date: Sun Sep 13 1998 - 20:49:25 EDT

At 04:14 PM 9/13/98 -0500, Carl W. Conrad wrote:
>I confess right off the bat (learned
>that from Mark McGwire, of course-- ;-) ) that I don't understand what
>the topic under discussion in this little snippet (1 Cor 11:13-16) is
>really all about.

This passage has always been one of the most obscure in the entire New
Testament to me. I grew up in a church where it was frequently quoted by
people who thought they knew what it said, but whenever they explained it
to me, it went right over my head. I was hoping *you* would explain it,
Carl (grin!).

But it's good to be able to rule out at least one proposed interpretation
of one verse here. By process of elimination, that leaves how many

Jonathan Robie

Little Greek Home Page:
Little Greek 101:
B-Greek Home Page: